Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sisters

okay..So I've been on a weird poetry kick lately...I don't know really where it came from.. My only guess is that one of my best friends in the world Steve Warner is getting home from his mission soon and we used to always share poems with eachother..So that's that.
Anyways this is a poem I wrote specifically to my sister Sarah. I know both of us are looking forward to seeing or other sisters Mollie and Rachel again someday.

Sisters

On the waiting room floor,
or on a hill by a tree
pleadingthey'll stay
knowing they'll leave

The one of my childhood
just two years younger
Now living for her
while she watches over

The one was so fragile,
felt no pain of the earth,
loved as deep as I could
for a life lost at birth

Then one who remains
and lives by my side,
we felt it together
twin tears that we cried

both lived through pain
we never understood
We're all we've got left
So we love like we should

The four of us together
won't come today,
but trying forever
to see us that way

We live in a half world
not yet being whole,
Though we live worlds away
we still love through our souls


No comments:

Post a Comment