Wednesday, June 15, 2011

POEM!


So I got bored...well I guess it wasn't boredom if I had things to do...It was more of procrastination....Any ways I used my time to write a poem

“I’ve done it again my Savior
I didn’t come when you reached out to me
But I’m back at your feet and I need what you give,
For my hands again are unclean

I’m covered in Sin and regret
And I can’t wash it off all alone
Please lend me your hand and help me be clean,
Please just a second away from your thrown”

He came down to be beside me and wash every stain that I had
But he didn’t use soap or a washcloth,
He brought no water or rag
The joy and the sorrow that filled me I will never forget through my years,
When I looked at his hands as they grazed over mine slowly cleaning my pain with his tears

When he finished he grasped my hands tightly
And his love made me fall to my knees
He said “Don’t be ashamed of the promise you made to fearlessly come follow me,
Dear daughter of God don’t be troubled
Stay close to my side and obey,
If your hands once again become covered in sin
For you I will wash them away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment