Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hoe Street :)


Okay so the first news of my ward was that it's located on Hoe Street...so that was promising.
But after taking the Queensway tube, tranferring to Victoria tube, taking that for 45 minutes, then getting a little lost and finally walking for a half an hour we found our way to the White Chapel ward. Never have I felt so welcomed and comfortable in a new ward. So many people came talked to us and wanted to know all about our experience so far. The ward is small and everyone seems more than happy to be there.Bishop Odoi is great looking black man who can't be more than 33 and his wife Vida..well... she is loud and wonderful. No calling has been given yet but I'm more than looking forward to getting one. I've always been intimidated to get a teaching calling because, the experience of BYU wards calls for knowledge and a wow factor. In student wards it seems like people want to be impressed. But this ward is nothing like that, everyone feels comfortable and everyone is accepting that we are all learning the gospel at our own pace in our own way. Seriously I couldn't feel more at home in this ward and it's only the first week.
But wait! The best part was when we sat down before sacrament meeting started and a little black boy who must have been 7 or 8 got up and practiced his musical number "praise to the man" The spirit became so strong and it was so precious that I got a little teary eyed. :) I'm so happy to be here. I love London

No comments:

Post a Comment