Wednesday, December 7, 2011

EMPLOYMENT!!

SOO...I'm supposed to be writing a cover letter to get a job at BYU....and I got really bored and didn't feel like writing it anymore.....So here it is. My cover letter.

Frances Sorensen

1225 N. 1110 E.

Orem, UT 84097

December 7, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

My friend of mine, Cindy Glad, recommend that I contact you regarding the open position of Office Assistant. I have many skills I have acquired over the I recently finished the semester at the BYU London Centre and had many experiences that qualify me for this job. We traveled frequently during our semester and I planned and booked tickets for travel.

Last Winter semester I worked up at Sundance Resort in the Housekeeping department. Though not an ideal job I was always on time, worked hard, and was a dependable employee. My job required me to get up early in the morning and drive up Provo Canyon to be on time. As I was driving up almost every day I would say to myself “I hate my job, I don’t want to go to work today, I just want to sleep. I could turn around now…or now…Maybe I should turn now.” But I didn’t. I never turned around. I kept myself positive through my 8 hour work schedule by loudly singing show tunes to myself even if guests could hear me. Many of the women I worked with didn’t speak English so I had the opportunity to learn how to communicate in different ways. Some successful ways I tried were, pantomime, talking really slowly, and saying the only words I know in Spanish like calliente, bano, and no tengo denero.


PICK ME!

Fran :)

No comments:

Post a Comment